NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Norfolk Police say a man died after a crash Thursday night on Tidewater Drive.
The two-vehicle crash happened around 6:50 p.m. in the 6500 block of Tidewater Drive near Widgeon Road, police say.
The man was taken to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital with life-threatening injuries, where he later died. He was identified Friday as Zachary F. Miles, 42, of Newport News.
3 other people in the other vehicle sustained minor injuries.
Police say the investigation showed Miles lost control of his Ford sedan, crossed over into oncoming traffic and struck the other vehicle, an SUV. Police believe speed was a contributing factor, and the investigation is ongoing.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Police reform bills head to Northam’s desk as unprecedented special session nears end
- Lagging behind: rural broadband expansion promises faster speeds for downstate schools, hospitals
- Portsmouth Police locate missing 13-year-old boy with special needs
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show
- Man convicted of arson, murder in man’s beating death in Norfolk