NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Norfolk Police say someone shot a man on Edward Street early Friday morning in the Norview section of the city.
Police later announced Friday afternoon that the victim, 30-year-old Darius D. Clark of Norfolk, had died from his injuries.
According to a tweet from Norfolk Police, officers responded to the 6200 block of Edward Street around 2:10 a.m. for a report of a shooting. When police arrived on the scene they found a man suffering from a gunshot wound.
Paramedics took Clark to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital with life-threatening injuries, where he later died.
Police have not released any additional details on the shooting.
Investigators are asking anyone with information to call the Crime Line at -1-888-LOCK-U-UP or submit a tip via text at http://p3tips.com/1126.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Windsor Oaks Blvd. closed at Holland Road in VB due to overturned dump truck
- Deputies searching for man who stole cat blood from Florida clinic
- Louisville mayor: 2 officers shot are recovering
- Newsfeed Now: Protests across America: Battle over SCOTUS vacancy heats up
- Utility worker identified, killed in crash while helping restore power in Sally aftermath