NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A local Walmart management member organized a graduation ceremony for front-end associates not able to experience the milestone achievement.
Julian Herbert, a member of the management staff at the Walmart on Tidewater Drive in Norfolk and a Chicago native, has been with the company for almost a decade.
With seniors across the country not being able to experience graduation because of the current COVID-19 pandemic, Julian and other members of the management thought it would be a nice gesture to let the store’s graduating associates experience the event.
It was a special event they won’t soon forget.
Julian and his peers put together a small ceremony, during business hours for the graduates, parents, customers, and supporters to watch them walk through tour the building, get a personalized plaque and certificate honoring their hard work not only as associates but as students.
- ‘Glee’ star Naya Rivera missing, presumed dead after 4-year-old son found adrift on boat in California lake
- Domestic violence home in Hampton Roads reopens after flood, amid pandemic
- Officer told George Floyd: ‘It takes … a lot of oxygen to talk’
- Dirksen Londrigan dings Davis for transparency votes after his family’s business received federal PPP loans
- Richmond’s top prosecutor asks for Herring’s opinion on Stoney’s authority to rush monument removals