NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — There’s a new Christmas tradition floating near Battleship Wisconsin in Norfolk.
Residents might have seen a twinkling Christmas tree anchored in front of the Battleship Wisconsin, part of Nauticus’ “WinterFest on the Wisconsin” experience.
The floating tree serves as a gesture of hope and optimism for the community after a challenging year and will be anchored in its position throughout the holidays.
The skiff itself was built entirely by local 8th-grade students participating in the Sail Nauticus program.
WinterFest on the Wisconsin is now open to the public.
- Chesapeake Public Schools now provides daily updates on confirmed coronavirus cases
- WATCH: Garbage truck catches on fire in Norfolk
- Thunderstorms tonight; maybe a wintry mix for Virginia Monday
- Texas school district removes football team from playoffs after player attacks referee
- Norfolk firefighters respond to fire on Lamont Street, 1 taken to hospital