NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY/AP) — Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden was in Norfolk on Sunday ahead of Virginia’s Super Tuesday voting.
It was held in Booker T. Washington High’s gymnasium. The high school is in a predominantly black neighborhood of the city.
Former Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe attended the event in support of Biden, after announcing his endorsement Saturday night following Biden’s primary win in South Carolina.
On Friday, Biden also picked up a major endorsement from Virginia Senator Tim Kaine, who was at the event. Local Congress members Elaine Luria (Va. District 2), Bobby Scott (Va. District 3) and Donald McEachin (Va. District 4) have all endorsed Biden and spoke at the rally.
ABOVE: Joe Biden speaks to WAVY’s Tamara Scott about his primary win in South Carolina this weekend ahead of Super Tuesday.
Biden’s event came a day after a Bernie Sanders rally at Virginia Wesleyan University in Virginia Beach.
ABOVE: Biden speaks to WAVY’s Tamara Scott about the military.
Biden got his first win of the primary season Saturday in South Carolina. Biden announced he took in $5 million immediately after his South Carolina win, by far his best single day of fundraising over the last year.
Virginia is one of the 14 states, including California and Texas, that votes in the March 3 Super Tuesday primaries.
More Political News:
- Gov. Cooper says NC, US flags should fly at half-staff in honor of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- US says all UN sanctions on Iran restored, but world yawns
- GOP senator to introduce bill reimbursing parents $800 for remote learning expenses
- Arizona Senate race could play crucial role in confirmation
- Trump backs proposed deal to keep TikTok operating in US