NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) -- Increased Amtrak service aimed at providing more travel from Norfolk to Washington D.C. and the Northeast is scheduled to begin next month.
The first Amtrak Northeast Regional departs Norfolk at 6:15 a.m. each weekday, with an expected 10:45 a.m. arrival in D.C.
Amtrak said in a news release Monday that starting March 4, a second Amtrak Northeast Regional will leave Norfolk at 9 a.m. every weekday. That train is scheduled to arrive in D.C. at 1:27 p.m.
Tickets for the additional service are now available on Amtrak's website.
- Norfolk Police arrest man for abducting 25-year-old woman from gas station
- Prosecutors: No charges sought in death of Jamycheal Mitchell
- Lawmakers honor Bellamy Gamboa's life at state capitol, declare day in her honor
- Hidden History: Saving a School
- Daughter of victim in deadly crash says speed limit on Shore Drive needs to change
- Trial underway in 'Pokemon Go' security guard murder case
- "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett charged with felony for allegedly falsifying police report