NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Norfolk firefighters have cleared a small gas leak Tuesday morning at the Raising Cane’s by Old Dominion University.
Battalion Chief Stephanie Ramsey says the leak was caused by a malfunctioning unit inside the chicken restaurant at 4100 Monarch Way. Multiple units responded around 9:30 a.m. after employees smelled an odor, and residents above were temporarily evacuated.
As of 11 a.m. the issue was fixed and all but two units had cleared.
- Conservation group helps preserve historic Portsmouth land
- Promising solution on the horizon for sewer system problems for Moyock community
- “I still think it’s ridiculous;” Why do Norfolk State and ODU rarely meet?
- Florida Sen. Rick Scott promises uphill battle for Biden’s Cabinet picks
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries following Coliseum Dr. shooting in Hampton