NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) - A former American Idol contestant arrested in Norfolk last year is now facing federal charges.
Norfolk Police arrested Antonella Barba in October for allegedly distributing more than 100 grams of heroin.
Prosecutors in Norfolk withdrew those charges Monday. On the same day, she was indicted on federal charges, including conspiracy to distribute cocaine, heroin and fentanyl.
Barba was a contestant on Season 6 of American Idol. She also appeared on Fear Factor.
- Norfolk Police arrest man for abducting 25-year-old woman from gas station
- Prosecutors: No charges sought in death of Jamycheal Mitchell
- Lawmakers honor Bellamy Gamboa's life at state capitol, declare day in her honor
- Hidden History: Saving a School
- Daughter of victim in deadly crash says speed limit on Shore Drive needs to change
- Trial underway in 'Pokemon Go' security guard murder case
- "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett charged with felony for allegedly falsifying police report