Firefighters respond to detached garage kitchen fire in Norfolk


Credit: WAVY/LaVoy Harrell

NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A detached garage kitchen at the Norfolk home caught fire overnight.

Officials with Norfolk Fire-Rescue stated on Twitter just after 1:35 a.m. that units responded to the 4600 block of Robin Hood Road. The fire was under control within 15 minutes.

A second tweet said the fire was caused by unattended cooking. No one was injured or displaced, and the fire did not spread into the home, the tweet said.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending stories

Don't Miss

WAVY Twitter Widget

***Don’t Miss Module Removal CSS***

WAVY Facebook