NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Firefighters have responded to a fire Wednesday morning at an apartment complex on Sewells Point Road.
Norfolk Battalion Chief Stephanie Ramsey says the fire in the 7100 block was marked under control at 11:14 a.m. and one person was evaluated at the scene but not taken to the hospital.
The call came in at 10:46 a.m.
No other details are available at this point, but Ramsey said more than one apartment was affected.
- Multi-vehicle crash on I-264 in Virginia Beach closes all westbound lanes
- Third stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand as February ends
- Off-duty Henrico police officer killed in hit-and-run, suspect still on the loose
- FDA authorizes J&J’s single-dose shot, giving US 3rd COVID-19 vaccine; Virginia expects to receive about 69K doses
- VDH reports 1st case of UK COVID-19 variant in Southwest Virginia region