NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Norfolk Fire and Rescue responded on flooded streets to an early morning structure fire on Saturday.
Crews responded to the 2800 block of Hollister Avenue for the incident. When they arrived, officials say firefighters found a fully-involved fire to a detached garage.
High water levels on the streets caused several challenges for the crews trying to get access to the address.
Fire officials said responding firefighters worked quickly to ensure the fire was confined to the garage only.
No injuries were reported and no one was displaced as a result of the fire.
- Virginia Oct. 31 COVID-19 update: Over 1,550 new cases reported, daily percent positivity rate rises in Hampton Roads
- Halloween treat: Full ‘blue moon’ set to shine
- Is Trump or Biden winning? 5 clues from early voting
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- Vice President Mike Pence to visit Elizabeth City Saturday