NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Dispatchers in Norfolk say there were no injuries after a crash involving a Tide light rail train Wednesday.
The crash was at Granby Street and Charlotte Street, dispatchers said.
The call reporting the incident came in at 3:25 p.m.
Northbound and southbound lanes on Charlotte Street were closed as of 4 p.m.
Tom Holden, a spokesman for Hampton Roads Transit, said a Coca Cola truck appeared to have run into the side of a westbound Tide train moving through the intersection.
There were four people on the train. One person complained of back pain, but no one was transported, Holden said.
The truck had been moved as of 4:30 p.m.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
Have pictures? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- VB mass shooting victim awarded North America’s highest honor for civilian heroism
- 1 dead, 1 taken to hospital after 2-vehicle crash involving Chesapeake schools work van
- Vehicle crash on I-664 in Chesapeake blocking all southbound lanes
- Virginia Beach DHS to host HIV testing event
- Cows stampede through California city after slaughterhouse escape; 1 shot by deputies