NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Norfolk Police said a man died in a crash on Tidewater Drive Monday night.
Police said Tuesday they arrested Onyx J. Harmon, 27, of Norfolk, in connection with the crash. She is charged with driving a motor vehicle while intoxicated, refusal of a breath or blood test, and hit-and-run.
The other driver, identified as 51-year-old Paul F. Stone, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The crash happened around 9:20 p.m. in the 3200 block of Tidewater Drive at Lafayette Boulevard in Norfolk, police said.
Initial investigation showed Stone was a passenger in a Toyota Avalon, at the intersection of Tidewater Drive and Lafayette Boulevard. The driver of the Toyota was making a turn onto Lafayette Boulevard from Tidewater Drive when they were hit by a Chrysler van, driven by Harmon.
Stone was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the Toyota was taken to a local hospital with minor injuries.
Harmon allegedly left the scene of the crash on foot, but returned and was arrested, police said.
Northbound and southbound Lafayette Boulevard at Tidewater Drive were closed Monday night as police investigated the crash.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- When can I get the COVID-19 vaccine? The latest on availability in Hampton Roads
- 47 Virginia Beach police officers supported protection detail for Biden inauguration
- BLOG: End of the month snow?
- Selfie WRLD in Virginia Beach will make you want to strike a pose
- Body found in Gloucester Friday near Fox Mill subdivision