NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Anyone 70 or older may be permanently excused from jury duty in Norfolk as a precaution against the coronavirus.
While coronavirus (COVID-19) can infect anyone, “older adults” and those with severe chronic illnesses are the most likely to become severely ill.
In a tweet, the Norfolk Circuit Court Clerks Office says those 70 and older who don’t want to serve on jury duty can give the circuit court a call at (757) 769-8539.
You’ll need to confirm your date of birth and you’ll be excused.
- Thousands out of work, but sales tax revenue up for some localities. Leaders point to Supreme Court
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- Hillary Clinton responds to ‘would you shut up, man’ moment at presidential debate
- Hampton Roads Regional Jail correctional officer dies from COVID-19
- VDOT announces extended closures for I-664 MMBT paving operations