NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A written bomb threat against the USS Ramage (DDG 61) received Wednesday morning is under investigation.
The threat toward the Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyer came in around 8:30 a.m., per a U.S. Navy spokesperson. The ship was pier side at Marine Hydraulics International shipyard in Norfolk.
The Navy says immediate measures were taken and security sweeps and extensive inspections revealed nothing suspicious on scene.
The commander at the scene said the area has been declared safe. Operations have returned to normal.
The origin of the threat will be investigated, a Navy spokesperson said.
No other details are available, but NCIS and Norfolk police are investigating.
- Breweries offer discounts during Small Brewery Sunday
- NYC school system, largest in the US, to begin phased reopening in December
- Virginia Zoo mourns loss of 15-year-old Betty, facility’s oldest Eastern bongo
- NC COVID-19 Nov. 29 update: North Carolina reports more than 3,800 new cases, 21 additional deaths
- Mysterious Utah Monolith disappears