NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A written bomb threat against the USS Ramage (DDG 61) received Wednesday morning is under investigation.
The threat toward the Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyer came in around 8:30 a.m., per a U.S. Navy spokesperson. The ship was pier side at Marine Hydraulics International shipyard in Norfolk.
The Navy says immediate measures were taken and security sweeps and extensive inspections revealed nothing suspicious on scene.
The commander at the scene said the area has been declared safe. Operations have returned to normal.
The origin of the threat will be investigated, a Navy spokesperson said.
No other details are available, but NCIS and Norfolk police are investigating.
- 5, including officer, injured and taken to hospital after falling tree causes crash in Suffolk
- One year later: Suffolk city leaders acquire, plan to demolish buildings damaged by tornado
- Virginia Sen. Kaine’s proposal to repeal decades-old war authorization advances to the Senate floor
- VB announces 9 people on shortlist for Kempsville District council seat
- Warwick Little League All-Stars hoping to play in Little League World Series