NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – Police responded to the Ocean View section of Norfolk 4th of July night for a report of a missing boater.
The call came in just after 5 p.m. for a possible water rescue in the 3200 block of E. Ocean View Avenue.
A concerned citizen called saying they saw a man enter the water and he did not come back out. The Coast Guard Fifth District Public Affairs confirmed they were searching for a missing man.
At about 5:50 p.m., Norfolk Police said the man was located walking in a different area and he was not injured.
- Potential long-term closure at Centerville Turnpike Bridge in Chesapeake leaves businesses worried
- 2 dead in 6-vehicle crash Thanksgiving night in Richmond’s northside
- Family of Norfolk shooting victim offering $10,000 reward for information leading to suspect’s arrest
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries after shooting on Maplewood St. in Hampton
- Venezuela judge convicts 6 American oil execs, orders prison