NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – Police responded to the Ocean View section of Norfolk 4th of July night for a report of a missing boater.
The call came in just after 5 p.m. for a possible water rescue in the 3200 block of E. Ocean View Avenue.
A concerned citizen called saying they saw a man enter the water and he did not come back out. The Coast Guard Fifth District Public Affairs confirmed they were searching for a missing man.
At about 5:50 p.m., Norfolk Police said the man was located walking in a different area and he was not injured.
- ‘Afraid for my life’: Portland protesters testify before Congress
- U.S. lawmakers disagree on how to curb violence during protests
- President Trump signs off on Great American Outdoors Act
- $35M in federal grants will pay for trafficking victim housing
- Kings Dominion to stay closed for remainder of 2020