NORFOLK, Va (WAVY) — Eighth-grade students of Sail Nauticus’ academy wore life jackets Saturday morning instead of caps and gowns for their sailing graduation.
Each student brought one parent and the graduation was broadcast via Zoom for friends and family that couldn’t attend due to pandemic restrictions.
After the ceremony, graduates showed off their newly learned skills as they brought their parents sailing.
Sail Nauticus is a Norfolk-based, nonprofit sailing school and community sailing center in the Hampton Roads region.
For more information visit nauticus.org.
- Body found in Virginia field positively ID’d as missing Raleigh man, police say
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- High tide causes flooding in Ghent area of Norfolk as coastal flood warning goes in effect for southeast Virginia
- Trump to Senate: Vote ‘without delay’ on his high court pick
- 16 shot, 2 fatally, at party in Rochester, police say