NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Police say a 33-year-old man has died following an overnight single-vehicle crash in Norfolk.
Police responded to the crash that happened around 12:30 a.m. in the 5700 block of Chesapeake Boulevard.
When they got to the scene, officers say they found the driver, identified as 33-year-old Clayton Fisher, suffering from serious injuries and was pronounced dead on the scene.
Initial investigation reveal that Fisher reportedly lost control of his vehicle and struck a tree, causing the vehicle to overturn.
Investigators say both speed and alcohol appear to have been contributing factors to the crash.
No further information have been released.
- Top dog, cat names of 2020 include coronavirus-related monikers
- NBC launches holiday season with “Christmas in Rockefeller Center” special
- Police searching for motorist who killed cat by throwing it out of Jeep into busy Oklahoma intersection
- ECPPS Superintendent to resign to serve as the N.C. Department of Public Instruction Deputy Superintendent
- Northam’s participate in lighting ceremony of Virginia State Capitol Christmas tree at 5 p.m.