NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) -- A 27-year-old woman died after crashing on Interstate 64 near Military Highway Sunday morning.
The woman was driving west on I-64 at a high speed just before 8 a.m. in a Chevrolet Cruise when she lost control, spun out, struck a Toyota Sienna and then struck a jersey wall head on, according to Virginia State Police.
The woman was transported to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, where she passed away from her injuries, troopers say.
Troopers later identified the woman as Stephanie D. Jefferson of Norfolk. They say she was not wearing her seatbelt at the time of the accident and speed was a contributing factor.
The driver of the Toyota Sienna, 45-year-old Antonio Branairos, was not injured, State Police say.
The accident is still under investigation.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Norfolk Police arrest man for abducting 25-year-old woman from gas station
- Prosecutors: No charges sought in death of Jamycheal Mitchell
- Lawmakers honor Bellamy Gamboa's life at state capitol, declare day in her honor
- Hidden History: Saving a School
- Daughter of victim in deadly crash says speed limit on Shore Drive needs to change
- Trial underway in 'Pokemon Go' security guard murder case
- "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett charged with felony for allegedly falsifying police report