NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Norfolk Fire-Rescue officials say one person was transported to a hospital after a fire Wednesday night.
Norfolk officials tweeted Wednesday night around 9:10 p.m. saying crews has just gotten control over a residential structure fire in the 7600 block of Victory Drive.
The call came in reporting the fire at 8:35 p.m. Crews arrived to find a blaze in the kitchen that started due to cooking. It quickly extended into the cabinets, Norfolk Fire-Rescue tweeted.
The fire was marked under control at 8:55 p.m.
One person was taken to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital. The extent and nature of their injuries has not been released.
A dog was rescued from the apartment as well.
The American Red Cross has been notified for assistance.
- Senate Democrats and Republicans still split day after COVID-19 Relief Deal vote
- ‘Management based on vengeance’: US states look to step up wolf kills, pushed by Republicans
- Grammy performers revealed: Taylor Swift, Cardi B, Billie Eilish
- COVID-19 Vaccine: Albemarle Regional Health Services to host vaccine clinics
- About 1,300 Norfolk residents to get vaccinated at clinic in Calvert Square neighborhood