COURTLAND, Va. (WAVY) — No one was hurt after a house caught fire Wednesday night in Courtland.
The Courtland Fire Department says the fire started just before 9:15 p.m. in the 22000 block of Aurora Street and heavy smoke was showing when crews arrived. The fire was coming from the rear of the home.
The fire was marked under control at 9:45 p.m. and was contained mostly to the room where it started. No injuries were reported to the residents or firefighters. Courtland Volunteer Rescue and the Hunterdale Volunteer Fire Department assisted.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Louisville mayor: 2 officers shot are recovering
- Newsfeed Now: Protests across America: Battle over SCOTUS vacancy heats up
- Utility worker identified, killed in crash while helping restore power in Sally aftermath
- Dismay over Breonna Taylor spills into America’s streets
- Ohio family discovers family WWII heirloom tucked away in a box