NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — Newport News Police say a woman sustained life-threatening injuries in a shooting Thursday.
Police responded to the 3000 block of Marshall Avenue at 3:51 p.m. Thursday for a report of a shooting.
Officers arrived to find a woman suffering from a gunshot wound. She was taken to a local hospital with an injury believed to be life-threatening.
The circumstances of the shooting are under investigation.
Police do not have suspect information to release at this time.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- (VIDEO) Patterson steps up, leads No. 20 Hokies past NC State 45-24
- (VIDEO) Armstrong, Davis help Virginia rally past winless Duke 38-20
- Norfolk family pleads for justice after body of 17-year-old girl found in Newport News
- NC agencies work with FBI to arrest 3 men on firearms, drug-related charges
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG