NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) -- A woman was charged with driving while intoxicated and assault after an accident at the intersection of Harpersville Road and Hampton Roads Center Parkway on Wednesday.
Newport News Police say the accident happened around 11:30 p.m.
The accident ejected the passenger, a 28-year-old Chesapeake woman, from the vehicle after flipping several times. Police say she injured her neck and back as a result.
The driver, 24-year-old Shecoria Billups of Virginia Beach, was taken aside by officers after they smelled alcohol.
Upon further investigation, Billups was charged with DWI and assault.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Weed legalization, decriminalization bills for Virginia die in committee
- Mother of special needs student sues VBCPS, educators, officials
- African arts museum and 26-story hotel could come to downtown Norfolk near Harbor Park
- Suffolk councilman denies accusations of sexual harassment
- Norfolk detectives searching for woman missing since Dec. 20
- Man shot and killed on Shell Road in Hampton
- Scott, top Dems introduce bill to gradually increase minimum wage to $15
Virginia Copyright by WAVY - All rights reserved