NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — Newport News firefighters have responded to a two-alarm fire early Wednesday that left a man seriously hurt.
According to the Newport News Fire Department, they were notified for the fire at 1:35 a.m. in the 800 block of 30th Street.
A man was rescued and transported to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries, according to officials. 4 people in total lived inside of the community group home, including another man who was in good spirits Wednesday morning.
“We’ll be alright, I just have to start over,” he told 10 On Your Side’s Kiahnna Patterson.
Stay tuned to WAVY.com for updates.
- Couple tried to hold wedding at Florida mansion they didn’t own
- Biden will set goal to cut US carbon emissions in half by 2030
- Terry McAuliffe has large polling lead in Democratic field for governor, new CNU poll finds
- 2 people rushed to hospital after jumping from top floor of burning Norfolk condo building
- You can help restore the Earth on Earth Day and every day