NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — Police say a man died in a stabbing in Newport News on Sunday night.
Officers responded just after 8:30 pm. for the incident in the 14500 block of Old Courthouse Way in Newport News. Police arrived on the scene to find one adult man suffering from life-threatening stab wounds.
Police say that it was reported that an altercation occurred inside a residence and the victim was stabbed. He was transported by medics to a local hospital for further treatment but succumbed to his injuries a short time later.
A 19-year-old Hampton man, Carlos Rozado, was arrested at the scene and charged with second-degree murder.
No other information is available and the case is still being investigated by police. Anyone with information can call Newport News Police at 757-247-2500.
- Virginia Oct. 31 COVID-19 update: Over 1,550 new cases reported, daily percent positivity rate rises in Hampton Roads
- Halloween treat: Full ‘blue moon’ set to shine
- Is Trump or Biden winning? 5 clues from early voting
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- Vice President Mike Pence to visit Elizabeth City Saturday