NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) – Newport News police say a 39-year-old man who went missing after a campsite trip to Newport News Park has been found safe in York County.
Police say Michael Malcom rented a campsite from Tuesday, September 8 to Tuesday, September 15. On the evening of September 11, a concerned family member contacted police to file a report.
Officers responded to the Newport News Park and located his vehicle, site, and personal belongings. The park area was searched for Mr. Malcom but they did not find him.
Malcom is a black male, 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighs about 210 pounds. He has brown eyes and bald. It is unknown on what he was wearing at the time he went missing.
Police say he was located safe that same day in York County.
- Military suicides up as much as 20% in COVID era
- Person of interest identified in connection to fatal Portsmouth shooting
- Virginia Sept. 27 COVID-19 update: State numbers trending down with 736 new cases, Hampton Roads makes up 9% of daily increase
- What the Lehecka: What Kind of Storm is the Worst?
- Graham: Court vote could be week before election