NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — Newport News Police arrested a man in connection to a vehicle-bicycle crash involving a juvenile that happened in May.
Officers responded just before 8:30 p.m. on May 14 to the 400 block of Winterhaven Drive in reference to a possible crash. The report was for an auto-pedestrian crash and the driver had allegedly left the scene on foot.
When police arrived, they found a vehicle with “major front end damage.” Police say that two other unoccupied vehicles were damaged as a result of the crash.
The pedestrian was a juvenile girl on a bicycle who did not report any injuries.
After further investigation, 31-year-old Lammie Nelms of Hampton was charged and arrested for unlawful damage, fail to report accident (x4), driving on a revoked license, reckless driving, fail to provide proof of insurance, and operating uninsured vehicle in reference to this incident.
- Virginia State Police investigating crash on West Norfolk Bridge in Portsmouth
- Norfolk police investigating early morning shooting
- Trump says he’s extending offshore drilling ban off Virginia, North Carolina coasts
- ‘They’re not cleaning properly’: Deerfield Corrections officers speak out against conditions
- Dr. Fauci: U.S. still in the first wave, seasonal ‘challenge’ lies ahead