NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — A motorcyclist from Newport News died Sunday night after a crash on I-64.
Virginia State Police responded just before 11:20 p.m. to the westbound lanes, east of the Atkinson overpass at mile marker 252 in Newport News.
Police say the motorcyclist, identified on Monday as 30-year-old Brian Adam Moore, lost control of the motorcycle, and struck a guardrail. Neither alcohol nor speed were factors, police say.
- Coast Guard Mid-Atlantic sets up 3 security zones with prohibited entry ahead of inauguration
- Last-minute basket lifts Old Dominion over Rice
- Jenkins carries Norfolk State past Delaware State 87-76
- No. 18 Virginia routs No. 12 Clemson to stay perfect in ACC
- Portsmouth Restaurant Week to kick off with more than 25 participating businesses