NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — Police say they’re continuing to investigate a pursuit that resulted in several cars being damaged over the weekend.
Around 1:45 a.m. Sunday, Newport News Police were in the 400 block of North Trellis Court in north Newport News when they observed a gray vehicle drive away at a high rate of speed, Officer Brandon Maynard said.
An officer attempted to pull the car over, but ultimately the pursuit ended when the vehicle hit a car, a transformer and two other cars before coming to a stop in the 500 block of North Trellis Court.
Whoever was driving ran from the car, Maynard said.
However, police records show a 14-year-old and 15-year-old were arrested.
Maynard said the 15-year-old, who was in the back seat of the car was charged with possession of marijuana and a curfew violation. The police report also lists a leaving the scene charge.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Ynot Italian restaurant feeds medical staff at local hospital
- Despite services canceled, Chesapeake church choir sings for community
- ‘Taco Tuesday’ Taco Bell plans to feed America this Tuesday
- I-664 southbound lanes closed in Hampton due to crash; delays expected while State Police investigate
- Virginia launches ‘Restaurant Lovers Takeout Week’ to support business during closures