NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — Newport News Police responded to the scene of an incident on Normandy Lane after they say a man fired a gun several times outside a home.
Officers responded to the no-hundred block of Normandy Lane at 9:33 p.m. Wednesday for a report of shots fired. Officers arrived to find two men and one woman at that location.
The person who reported the shots fired said an argument happened and one of the men discharged his weapon outside the home.
The man then retreated inside the home with the gun. The suspect was apprehended without incident just after 2 a.m. No injuries were reported.
Joshua Campbell, 27, was arrested on the following charges: attempted malicious assault, victim severely injured; pointing/brandishing a firearm; shooting in a public place; and reckless handling of a firearm.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
Correction: The original version of this article incorrectly said the shots were fired inside the home. They happened outside.
- Class of 2020 ‘Commemorative Brick Program’ planned for Town Point Park in Norfolk
- Norfolk Collegiate receives gift to offer ‘inclusive and supportive community’
- Chesapeake private school to open for full-time, in-person instruction
- Hampton University files lawsuit over pharmacy school’s withdrawal of accreditation
- VB mayor asks state legislators for $10M toward delayed Building 2 renovations