NN apartment fire appears to have started in kitchen; one person injured

Newport News

Photo courtesy: Newport News Fire Dept.

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) – Firefighters were called to put out an apartment fire in the 200 block of Tricia Lane Tuesday, shortly before noon.

Investigators believe the fire started in the kitchen.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire damage to the apartment unit where it originated. There is smoke damage to other units, though.

One occupant was injured and taken to the hospital. There’s no word yet on the extent of that person’s injuries.

Tune in to WAVY News 10 for more coverage and stay up-to-date through the WAVY News App and on WAVY.com.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

WAVY Twitter Widget

***Don’t Miss Module Removal CSS***

WAVY Facebook