NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — An 18-year-old man in Newport News was arrested in connection to a robbery of a group of teens mid-February.
According to Newport News Police, officers were called to the area near the 300 block of Selden Road just after 2 p.m. on February 15.
When they got there, a 15-year-old boy told them he and his friends were robbed by a group of people. The boy was reportedly riding his bike with some friends when a vehicle pulled up next to them occupied by four people.
The victim told police one of the suspects pointed a firearm at them and while another suspect from the vehicle took some of his personal property.
One of the victim’s friends, a 16-year-old boy, also had his personal property taken from him, however one friend was able to flee.
After further investigation, a description of one of the suspect was provided and police arrested 18-year-old Shirone Armstead.
Armstead was taken into custody on outsanding warrants for two counts each of robbery, abduction, and conspiracy to commit a felony.
- 3 million masks ordered by Massachusetts were seized at Port of NY in March
- Dominion Energy urges customers to use energy-saving tips during coronavirus pandemic
- 1 injured in crash on S. Military Highway near Gilmerton Bridge
- Each state will decide how to ensure essential workers can get child care
- Hampton reports first coronavirus death