NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — Newport News Shipbuilding released in a statement on Saturday that it is providing additional support and guidance to concerned employees and those needing flexible work arrangments during the coronavirus pandemic.
The company set up a workspace evaluation process and a hotline for NNS employees to discuss concerns and work options.
Officials said in a news release that “NNS Trades Business Office has created a temporary process for our hourly workforce to have work environments evaluated based on COVID-19-related concerns, to share other related concerns, and to review options for flexible work arrangements.”
The company also said that it is doing this to “provide work schedule options to help our employees make decisions that are in the best interest of their specific needs.”
- ‘If you can say you can’t breathe, you’re breathing:’ Mississippi mayor apologizes for tweets on George Floyd
- Two brothers, 6 and 7, die in crash after taking grandparents’ Buick out for ride
- Son of retired police captain killed by looters pleads: ‘Step back from what you’re doing’
- Man in Joker mask charged after setting Chicago cop car on fire: officials
- Virginia Beach man brightens up local skate park