NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) – Police are investigating a homicide after a deadly stabbing early Saturday morning.
Officers said it happened inside a home in the 1000 block of 78th Street. Officers got the call at 12:59 a.m.
Police found the victim, identified as 59-year-old Darryl Allen, dead at the scene. A preliminary investigation revealed the stabbing was the result of a fight between the victim and 61-year-old Nathan James Yancey Jr.
Police said Yancey fled on foot, but was located in the area a short time later and taken into custody. Yancey, who police say is homeless, has been charged with one count of second degree murder.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
- 1 dead, 2 critical after bus bound for Grand Canyon rolls over
- ‘Just want to say thank you’: First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- 33 missing children, including some who were sexually exploited, found in California operation: FBI
- Man arrested in Edenton, charged with possession of stolen firearm and drugs
- Connectivity issue affects benchmark testing for some Newport News students Friday