NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) -- A homicide investigation is underway after a man was shot and killed overnight in Newport News.
Officers and firefighters responded to the 600 block of Ridley Circle around 1:30 a.m. where a man was found lying on the ground, police said in a news release.
Emergency responders tried to revive the man, but police said he died at the scene. The man was later identified as 26-year-old Steven Christopher Richardson
Police said the incident is being investigated as a homicide.
In an update, police said there is no suspect information at this time.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
Extent of the injuries are unknown
Free art program being offered to...
- Squadrons with Carrier Air Wing One returning home today
- 19-year-old, 3 juveniles arrested in connection to Va. Beach teen's murder
- Woman dies in police custody after suffering medical emergency
- Authorities: Multiple reports of bomb threats across Hampton Roads
- Perquimans County teacher dies after school fire drill
- Va. Beach city treasurer says he's resigning after 41 years
- Local transportation leaders vote for HRBT expansion project
Portsmouth Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
York County Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.