NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — A Newport News man has been charged with murder more than a year and a half after the fatal shooting of an 18-year-old on Goose Circle.
20-year-old Adrian Elijah Pierce was served warrants Thursday in connection to the April 2019 death of Khali Rahquan Curry.
He was arrested and charged with second-degree murder, maliciously shooting into an occupied building, two counts of monument-intentional damage of less than $1,000, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
The shooting happened just before 7:30 p.m. on April 16, 2019 in the 400 block of Goose Circle. Curry, who was 18 years old, was pronounced dead at the scene. He was a senior at Denbigh High School.
- Fewer than half of COVID-19 vaccines promised to Baja California will be delivered
- Fresh addition coming to Norfolk’s Ghent neighborhood
- Son of Holocaust survivors: Attack at Capitol Hill shows us Hitler’s Germany could repeat itself
- VDOT to hold virtual open house regarding HRBT Expansion Project
- Democrat Schumer tells McConnell Senate should adopt 2001 deal for 50-50 chamber