NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — Following a vote recount, Newport News City Council incumbent Councilwoman Pat Woodbury has officially been re-elected to a fourth term.
A recount was held Monday after Woodbury only beat challenger Cleon Long by 56 votes during the election May 19. The race was for City Council Central – Seat A.
WAVY News 10’s Brett Hall reports that on Monday Woodbury picked up another vote during the recount. She ended with 57 votes over Long.
A consultant of Long says he accepts the results and will continue staying involved in the community and fighting for change.
- What can Democrats do in response to Trump’s Supreme Court pick? These three scenarios are getting attention
- Photos: Australian rescuers save 25 of 270 stranded whales so far
- Watch: Bear cub tries to get into Colorado home
- Group of dads tackle man accused of peeping on teen in Cracker Barrel restroom in SC
- ‘Uber for evictions:’ Startup raising eyebrows for listing tenant removal gig jobs