NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — Following a vote recount, Newport News City Council incumbent Councilwoman Pat Woodbury has officially been re-elected to a fourth term.
A recount was held Monday after Woodbury only beat challenger Cleon Long by 56 votes during the election May 19. The race was for City Council Central – Seat A.
WAVY News 10’s Brett Hall reports that on Monday Woodbury picked up another vote during the recount. She ended with 57 votes over Long.
A consultant of Long says he accepts the results and will continue staying involved in the community and fighting for change.
- Shooting at Virginia Beach oceanfront leaves one injured
- Norfolk police investigating double overnight shooting
- PHOTOS: New Springmaid Pier designed to survive Cat 4 storm
- Man killed after being shot and run over by car; juvenile girl charged with murder
- World War II Vet and grandson share graduation stage in a touching moment