NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) – Huntington Ingalls Industries’ Technical Solutions Division was chosen by the U.S. Navy to provide support for the structure, mechanical and electrical systems and equipment installation on surface ships and submarines.
The multiple-award contract has a potential value of $41 million over five years, officials say, if all options are exercised.
Huntington Ingalls Industries says the contract was awarded by the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Philadelphia Division.
The center is responsible for all integrated logistics support work related to the HM&E systems and equipment installed on U.S. Navy surface ships and submarines.
“We take great pride in providing our customers around the globe with multiple logistics products and services to help them achieve their missions.”Brad Mason, president of Technical Solutions’ Fleet Support business unit.
For more information on Huntington Ingalls Industries, visit their website.
- ‘If you can say you can’t breathe, you’re breathing:’ Mississippi mayor apologizes for tweets on George Floyd
- Two brothers, 6 and 7, die in crash after taking grandparents’ Buick out for ride
- Son of retired police captain killed by looters pleads: ‘Step back from what you’re doing’
- Man in Joker mask charged after setting Chicago cop car on fire: officials
- Virginia Beach man brightens up local skate park