NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — A motorcyclist died Friday night after a crash in Newport News.
Newport News Police responded to the single-vehicle crash around 5:15 p.m. Friday in the area of Blue Crab Road and Canon Boulevard.
Officers arrived on scene and found a man who “initially appeared to be suffered from injuries that were not believed to be life-threatening.”
He was taken to a local hospital, where medical officials upgraded his condition to life-threatening.
He died later from his injuries, police said. On Monday, police identified him as 31-year-old Rafi Welsh, of Newport News.
No further information is available and the investigation is ongoing.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- 12 arrested after Raleigh protest declared ‘unlawful assembly’ by police Sunday night
- Northam holding COVID-19 briefing Monday afternoon
- Luke Bryan wins top ACM Award, but female acts own the night
- NASA’s Mars helicopter makes history-making first flight
- Blog: Showers & Some Downpours Slide By This Afternoon