NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — A man who was seriously injured in a crash Monday morning has died from his injuries, Newport News Police said Monday afternoon.
Police have identified the victim as 20-year-old Mark Anthony Maxwell Anderson, of Norfolk.
Officers responded to the single-vehicle crash in the area of 55th Street and Warwick Boulevard at 8:18 a.m. Monday.
Officials say the single occupant in the vehicle sustained life-threatening injuries and was rushed to a local hospital.
A lane between 53rd and 55th Street was blocked as officials investigated the crash.
No further information have been released.
- Georgia Tech has 3 players score 20+ in rout of Clemson
- Hampton City Schools to start vaccinating some staff members
- Tune into online event hosted by Newport News PD’s Domestic Violence Team & VB Justice Initiative
- Three soldiers killed in upstate NY military helicopter crash
- The City of Virginia Beach launches new online job portal