NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — A man died from his injuries after he was shot on 33rd Street in Newport News Thursday night, city police said.
Police responded to the 700 block of 33rd Street at 9:38 p.m. Thursday for a report of a shooting.
When officers arrived, they found a man with life-threatening gunshot wounds.
He was taken to a local hospital where he died from his injuries. Police later identified him as 56-year-old Reginald Ohana Williams, of Newport News.
There was no suspect information as of 10:50 p.m., police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Tracking the Tropics: Record-breaking 2020 hurricane season drawing to a close
- Viral Arkansas police officer on a mission to make a difference
- IN FOCUS Discussion: Native American Heritage Month
- 40th anniversary of salt mine breach creating Louisiana’s deepest lake
- Crews on scene working active fire in area of Carter Road, Greenefield Drive in Portsmouth