NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) -- A man who was shot nearly a month ago in Newport News has died, police say.
Newport News police spokesman Brandon Maynard said 39-year-old Orvin Wilson passed away on July 12 from injuries he sustained in a shooting on June 15.
Police said Wilson had been shot multiple times in the upper body, and was taken to a hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Police have not said whether any suspects have been identified in connection to the shooting.
- ‘Unprecedented' number of mosquitoes testing positive for West Nile in Suffolk
- 'I was one of these kids': Allen Iverson gives back to hometown Newport News Boys & Girls Club
- Greenies bar in Ocean View officially closing Sept. 5
- Man accused of attacking Hampton woman he met on dating app arrested
- Veteran who hasn't walked in 9 years bikes the east coast to raise money
- Shooting outside Suffolk barbershop leaves former state player of the year critical
- Man convicted in connection to death of girlfriend's 2-year-old daughter in Norfolk