NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) – A man in Newport News was arrested following a barricade situation early Saturday morning.
According to reports, Newport News police responded to a home in the 100 block of Cedar Avenue to serve a warrant regarding a domestic incident just before 3 a.m. Saturday.
As officers appeared at the scene, the suspect, identified 35-year-old Nathan Anderson, barricaded himself inside the home prompting the Tactical Operations Unit to respond.
Officials say Anderson was taken into custody without incident around 5:30 a.m.
He is charged with one count each of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, discharging a firearm within city limits, reckless handling of a firearm, and destruction of property.
Stay on WAVY.com for the latest updates.
- Virginia Peninsula Foodbank holding drive-thru food distribution Wednesday morning in Newport News
- Astronomers find evidence for a “cosmic homicide”
- Children of Change: 12-year-old sews, donates face masks during COVID-19 pandemic
- Husband hides symptoms to visit wife in maternity ward, Strong Hospital officials say
- EPA making sure disinfectant products are available to use against coronavirus