NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) -- A fire at a Newport News hoem Friday morning displaced a family of four people, officials say.
An official with the Newport News Fire Department said there was call for a fire alarm in the 200 block of Longmeadow Drive just before 6:30 a.m. Firefighters found smoke inside inside the house, and were able to get the blaze under control.
One of the four people displaced in the fire was transported for smoke inhalation.
Family members told 10 On Your Side a dog died inside the house after it was afraid to jump from an upstairs window.
Stay with WAVY.com for the latest developments.
- Southern Storm Watch: Preparing for upcoming severe weather starting Friday
- In a surprise move, Isle of Wight board kills juvenile justice center proposal
- Trying to get to Something in the Water? Here are transit and parking options
- BLOG: Strong Storms possible Friday night
- Green Beret died during parachute training exercise in Suffolk, officials say
- Historians push to preserve US service members' gravestones in Hampton Roads
- Report: Trump tried to seize control of Mueller probe