NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (AP) — A man accused in the shooting death of Delaware man has been arrested in Virginia.
Dover police said 25-year-old Tysheen Maxwell was captured by the U.S. Marshals Service in Newport News, Virginia Friday. He is awaiting extradition back to Delaware to face charges for first-degree murder and felony firearm possession.
Police say Maxwell shot Thomas Gilbert in Dover, Delaware earlier this month. Gilbert was found with multiple gunshot wounds by officers responding to a call about the shooting and pronounced dead at the scene. It is not immediately clear if Maxwell had a lawyer who could comment on his behalf.
- Here’s the story behind those electrified ‘e-shields’ authorities were carrying during Memphis protests
- Demand Justice group buys Amy Coney Barrett’s domain name, site redirects to criticism of her record
- PHOTOS: Trump formally nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- Multi-agency search and rescue locates lost woman at Cape Hatteras National Seashore
- COVID-19 death toll at Deerfield Correctional Center increases to 14