NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — Newport News Police say a vehicle rear-ending another car caused a chain reaction and seven-car crash at an intersection Friday afternoon.
A police spokeswoman said several people were transported to a hospital, but there are no life-threatening injuries.
Dispatchers said the call for the crash came in at 2:15 p.m. at the intersection of J. Clyde Morris Boulevard and Diligence Drive.
Police say the crash appeared to be caused by a car hitting another car in the rear, then causing a chain reaction.
The spokeswoman said charges may be pending.
- Kansas GOP congressman charged with 3 felonies, including voter fraud
- 5 test positive for COVID-19 after going to Missouri house party with hundreds in attendance
- Norfolk commits more than $1M to police policy reform
- Bowling alleys ask judge to spare them from Pritzker’s Phase Four rules
- Suffolk announces reopening of the Cypress Park Pool