NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — Newport News Police say a vehicle rear-ending another car caused a chain reaction and seven-car crash at an intersection Friday afternoon.
A police spokeswoman said several people were transported to a hospital, but there are no life-threatening injuries.
Dispatchers said the call for the crash came in at 2:15 p.m. at the intersection of J. Clyde Morris Boulevard and Diligence Drive.
Police say the crash appeared to be caused by a car hitting another car in the rear, then causing a chain reaction.
The spokeswoman said charges may be pending.
- It would be the 3rd-tallest building in VB: Community groups say wrong location, 3 council members recuse themselves
- Lottery system to decide if some students continue virtual learning at Old Donation School in VB
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s family friend reflects on her life, legacy
- Biden reacts to death of Justice Ginsburg, rejects quick vote on her successor
- Nigerian state says rapists will face surgical castration