NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — Newport News Police say a vehicle rear-ending another car caused a chain reaction and seven-car crash at an intersection Friday afternoon.
A police spokeswoman said several people were transported to a hospital, but there are no life-threatening injuries.
Dispatchers said the call for the crash came in at 2:15 p.m. at the intersection of J. Clyde Morris Boulevard and Diligence Drive.
Police say the crash appeared to be caused by a car hitting another car in the rear, then causing a chain reaction.
The spokeswoman said charges may be pending.
- Man accused of raping, abusing infant sentenced to 4 years in prison
- Congress debates U.S. readiness for coronavirus outbreak
- San Francisco declares local emergency amid coronavirus outbreak
- In-state tuition for undocumented immigrants passes Virginia House and Senate
- YCSD: Schedule adjustments made again for Grafton Complex students