CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Chesapeake Police say a man shot on Linster Street Friday night has died.
Police responded to the 2000 block of Linster Street for a report of a shooting around 11:10 p.m. and arrived to find the victim, identified Monday as 36-year-old Richard Eugene Norman.
Medics transported him to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries. He later died from his injuries.
The incident is under investigation.
Police have not released additional details.
If anyone has any information about this crime they are encouraged to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP, access the P3TIPS APP on their smart phone, or submit an on-line tip at P3TIPS.COM.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Local wildlife rescue groups save hundreds of baby squirrels after Isaias
- Trump’s unemployment benefit orders ‘are complete mess’
- Wesley Hadsell’s defense team takes advantage of new criminal defense laws
- St. Brides reports COVID-19 cases down, inmate’s loved one says housing protocol has flipped
- LIVE: President Trump to hold news conference Monday afternoon