NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) - Newport News Police are investigating a shooting that left one man injured on Saturday.
Officials say they received a call at 11:54 a.m. for gunshots heard in the 2200 block of Wickham Avenue. The call was upgraded to a shooting a short time later.
Upon arrival, officers located a 21-year-old Beaumont, Virginia man suffering from gunshot wounds. He was transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
There is no suspect information and the investigation remains ongoing.
Stay tuned to WAVY.com for updates.
- 12-year-old boy dies after being hit by a car in Norfolk
- Student accused of making threats towards Landstown H.S.
- 13-year-old charged after threatening Rosemont Middle School
- 10 On Your Side Hurricane Florence Relief Drive
- Norfolk police officer transferred to hospital in northern Va.
- Va. Beach man concerned about excessive goose poop in his neighborhood
- Dam breach at Duke Energy plant; coal ash could spill
Virginia Beach Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.