HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WAVY) – Local Initiatives Support Cooperation (LISC) Hampton Roads has invested over $4 million in the Hampton Road region.
According to the report, LISC Hampton Roads awarded over $1,000,000 by way of Sentara Healthcare resources across several grantees providing financial support to small businesses and organizations in the affordable housing space.
The organizations include:
- Women’s Business Center at Old Dominion University
- $75,000 awarded to support vital work in small business assistance in conjunction with organization’s 10th anniversary celebration
- The Hampton Roads Workforce Council
- $303,715 awarded to support the operation of Financial Opportunity Centers in Norfolk and Newport News
- Black BRAND
- $110,000 awarded to provide capacity-building support; $25,000 distributed to five business owners ($5,000 each) upon completion of the B-Force Accelerator program
- Hope House Foundation
- $100,000 awarded to provide access to food, medical care, and fitness equipment to residents in the Market Heights community
- Judeo-Christian Outreach Center
- $100,000 awarded for the development of 38 affordable housing units
- Youth for Tomorrow
- $225,000 awarded to support career and vocational services for disadvantaged students
- Virginia Supportive Housing
- $81,000 awarded to provide supportive housing for individuals with mental and behavioral health needs
“LISC is committed to forging resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity in which to live, work, visit, do business, and raise families – this is the foundation of every initiative, grant, and loan we administer,” said Jay Grant, Executive Director, LISC Hampton Roads.
LISC Hampton Roads has extended its partnership with United Way of South Hampton Roads and Virginia Beach — providing over $3 million to eligible businesses through the VBthrive Business Relief Grant Program.
The grant program targets two categories of applicants — small businesses and businesses in the hospitality and tourism industry. Grant awards will range from $10,000 to $50,000 based on the number of employees
LISC Hampton Roads is currently accepting applications for the fourth and final round of VBthrive — now through February 28.
Check WAVY.com for the latest updates.