ISLE OF WIGHT, Va. (WAVY) — Crews suspended their search overnight following a report of a person in the water on Chuckatuck Creek in Isle of Wight.
Several Carollton units were dispatched just after 11:30 p.m. Sunday following a report of a possible person in the water in the vicinity of Crittenden Bridge on Chuckatuck Creek.
The call stemmed from a IOW Sheriff welfare check of an individual who was reportedly standing on the bridge and could not be located.
Units included several rescue boats, multiple units from Suffolk Fire Department, Isle of Wight Sheriff’s Department and an air search asset from Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City.
After more than 2 hours, officials suspended the search with nothing found, reports says.
- Sen. Mark Warner wins the Spartan- style debate coin toss for NSU debate
- 2 high school teachers in Norfolk selected to paint BLM mural in NEON District
- Hampton Roads Human Trafficking Task Force sees increase of victims, especially minors, during pandemic
- Mom’s remains disappear after being mailed to wrong address
- Florida taxi driver caught sexually assaulting blind woman in cab, police say